Questions & Answers
- What is screets Chat?
screets Chat helps you to build relationships with your visitors through your website.
- Is it self-hosted?
No, legacy version (2.x) was self-hosted item and working with Firebase for all chat transmissions and user authentications. Now, your chat data is hosted on screets Cloud instead of using Firebase.
Thanks to screets Cloud, now:
- Chat can work all around the world (including China 🇨🇳)
- We can implement advanced features (like HTML installation support)
- No complicated server setup anymore
- No update is required for new features
- Do I need Firebase anymore?
No, it is deprecated in 3.x. We loved Firebase, but:
- Simply, we didn't know if Google would like to keep Firebase free plan forever
- Firebase didn't work in China. So your clients in China couldn't connect you through chat. But in new platform, you can talk anyone in the world
- It was hard for our clients to change basic things with Firebase (even your email address) because it requires a secure server connection which is impossible with WordPress setup
- Hard to implement advanced features to chat widget. Now it even works with HTML pages in new platform (including bunch of features)
- No server update is required anymore to get new features.
- Is screets Chat secure?
It is screets' policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our websites, screets.com, screets.io, and other sites we own and operate.
Thanks to GDPR law, your data must be safe in our servers and you have full control over it. You can edit, delete or fully forgettable (when requested).
Check out terms & policies for more information.
- Mobile app for iPhone and Android?
Unfortunately, we have to wait a little more. After this update is released, we'll start working on mobile apps.
- Can I continue using the legacy version (2.x)?
Depends on you. We will continue to test previous Live Chat plugin with the latest PHP and WordPress updates, but all new features will be developed for the new platform.
- Is upgrade free?
Yes, you can simply login with your Envato account and use new platform.
screets account is required to use screets Chat. Your chat data will be hosted on screets Cloud. Thanks to GDPR law, your data must be safe in our servers and you have full control over it. You can edit and delete all your data, or fully forgettable (when requested). screets Cloud works with Linode, LLC which is an American privately-owned cloud hosting company that provides virtual private servers.
WordPress users should have WordPress 5.7 or newer version. PHP users should have PHP 7 or newer version.
Some icons made by Freepik.
We do what we love ♥︎